Family Violence Specialist / Social Worker
About the organisation
Hutt Valley Women’s Refuge exists to drive solutions to the devastating problem of family violence in our
community. Our vision is that all women, children and whānau in the Hutt Valley live free from family violence.
We offer crisis support, safe houses, advocacy, education programmes, and more.
About our team
We are a small team with big ambition. We are a passionate, multi-skilled team of family violence specialists
who provide tailored support to women, children and whānau.
About our family violence specialist /social worker role
The family violence specialist role is important in achieving our purpose and vision.
▪ Working directly with clients, including children/young people and women; providing individual
support, programme delivery and services
▪ Collaborating with colleagues, stakeholders, partners and networks representing our services and clients
▪ Influencing our point of view on services and family violence
▪ Spot opportunities and help drive service improvements and bold initiatives
We are looking for a passionate specialist who has a range of qualities including:
▪ a good understanding of the complexity of family violence and the impacts on families,
particularly children and young people
▪ a passion to eliminate family violence; getting the best outcomes for families
▪ flexible; able to adapt to the challenges that come with working with people in crisis
who are affected by violence, particularly children and young people
▪ collaborative and discrete; working well with others, imagining and driving towards
solutions towards our vision
We welcome applicants from a range of backgrounds who want to be part of our dynamic team, with all the
benefits that come from our meaningful work within our family violence community. If you are a Social
Worker and/or you have family violence experience in a similar service we would love to hear from you. We
offer rewarding work, within an awesome team who value well-being and career progression. We are open to
exploring secondment opportunities.
To apply please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details please email
Georgina or phone 04 5691040
Please note: We will review applications as they come in and and we encourage you to apply
as soon as you are able. We reserve the right to withdraw the job advertisement at any time.
Given the nature of our work and workplace, covid vaccination is strongly encouraged and might be required.